||JV: 56% Fresnillo plc, 44% MAG Silver
||Zacatecas, 8km SW of Fresnillo
|Avg. Annual Anticipated Production (Total):
||10 moz silver, 30 koz gold
|Indicated and inferred resources (attributable):
||248 moz silver, 1.4 moz gold
|Estimated Pre-operative Capex:
8km from the Fresnillo mine; Juanicipio’s mineral zones are located in silver-gold rich sulphide shoots of the veins. This project will be developed on a stand-alone basis.
- Indicated and inferred silver-gold-lead-zinc resources are located principally on the Valdecañas vein and to a lesser extent on the Juanicipio vein
- 30,944 metres were drilled resulting in a 33.7% and 9.9% increase in gold and silver resources, respectively. This was a result of a 38.9% increase in tonnage and a 3.8% and 20.8% reduction in the grades of gold and silver (2016)
- Construction of ramp continued and further progress was made in the mine design and in obtaining environmental permits
- Feasibility study has been concluded by AMC (draft being reviewed by the technical committee)
- Discussions with suppliers of long term delivery equipment and construction contractors initiated.
- Exploration & development works continue as planned
- Continue exploration at depth with new objectives through a 20,000 metre drilling programme